Planning to move Australia? If you are willing to work in Australia and you are looking for visa, here are a few things you need to keep in mind.
There are various visa types that let you work in Australia and some of them even makes a pathway for you towards permanent residency of Australia. Here is some information about them:
- Skilled independent visa (subclass 189)- this visa type is for those skilled workers who are not sponsored by any Australian employer or family member living out there or did not get nomination by territory/state government. The aspiring skilled independents (point tested) need to submit their expression of interest (EOI) for the visa and it also helps them in getting PR Australia.
- Skilled nominated visa (subclass 190)- you can apply for this visa if you have been nominated by any Australian employer or state/territory government agency and along with that you need to have your occupation listed on the consolidated sponsored occupations list (CSOL).
- Skilled regional (provisional) visa (subclass 489)- you can apply for skilled worker visa if you are able to get sponsorship from any of your relative living in designated area or from any state/territory government agency of Australia.
All these visas have some eligibility criteria and you can apply for them only when you are fulfilling all of them. Among all of them Australian immigration points calculator is the most important criteria.
Australian Migration Points Calculator
Australia is well known for its organised migration system which is point based. If you wish to Australia, don’t forget to calculate your point score using Australian migration points calculator to know your eligibility status.
To qualify, you need to get a minimum score of 60 points based upon your profile. Several factors are included in Australian immigration points calculator:
- Age: you can easily get 30 points, if you fall in the age group of 25 to 32 years. You can get 25 points if you stand in between of 18-24 years and 33-39 years age group and after that your points keeps on falling according to your increasing age.
- English: English is the medium of conversation there hence, plays an important role in enhancing your profile. You need to clear the English proficiency test to earn 10-20 points.
- Work experience: work experience is counted in skilled nominated occupation. It says that you should at least have work experience of three to five years. You can earn 5 to 15 points if have experience of working in some other country but if you have work experience of Australia you can get up to 20 points for that.
- Educational qualification: you should have passed you high school if you want to score in this section and depending upon your bachelor/ master or doctorate degree, your points will be increased.
Factors like credentials of community language and sponsorship also plays major role. You can calculate your point score using Australian migration points calculator to check your eligibility, before you plan your move to Australia.